Our T-Shirt of the Month for January 2023, made of 100% organic cotton by a worker-owned co-operative, and supporting grassroots labour unions in South Asia. It celebrates La Voz de la Mujer ('Woman's Voice'), the world's first explicitly anarchist-feminist newspaper whose first issue was published in Buenos Aires on 8 January 1896. The newspaper advocated for class struggle, women's liberation and sexual freedom with its first editorial declaring:
“fed up as we are with so many tears and so much misery; fed up with the never ending drudgery of children (dear though they are); fed up with asking and begging; of being a plaything for our infamous exploiters or vile husbands, we have decided to raise our voices in the concert of society and demand, yes, demand our bit of pleasure in the banquet of life.”
This month's design by Buenos Aires-based artist and tattooist, Meri Prodan aka Poxi, represents these brave women's fight by incorporating their newspaper's name "La Voz de la Mujer" into a drawing of an angry woman's face. The back print is complemented by a smaller, more subtle front print showing the same woman's mouth saying “Ni Dios, Ni Jefe, Ni Marido” ("No God, No Boss, No Husband"), one of the slogans used by the women behind the newspaper at the time.
This t-shirt is available strictly limited edition for this month only. Be sure to preorder yours by January 31 as all t-shirts will be sewn and printed together.
- Women/femme fit t-shirt with round neck, fitted cut at waist, shorter sleeves and less long than the Unisex fit, knitted neck tape.
- 100% organic cotton, single jersey, 160 g/m², 0% elastane in fabric
- High quality water-based screen prints: environmentally and skin friendly
- Sizes: XS - S - M - L - XL - 2XL - 3XL
- Made with dignity by the worker-owned Humana Nova cooperative
- Supports grassroots labour unions in South Asia through ExChains
- Learn more about our 'T-Shirt of the Month' collaboration with dna merch here
- With global shipping like everything in our store
Please make sure to carefully choose your size by checking the size chart below and the sample pics here.
Width: Measured 2cm (1in) beneath the sleeves across the shirt
Length: Measured from the highest point of the shoulder to the bottom end of the shirt
When will I receive my t-shirt?
Sewing and printing of each T-Shirt of the Month will take approximately four weeks after preorders stop at the end of the month. The shirts will then be shipped from Germany by March 10, 2023. Estimated shipping time for the EU, UK and Switzerland is 4-7 days from then. USA and rest of the world will be 7-14 days.